Can't find what you're looking for?
If the Penticton Public Library does not have the book you need, we will try to borrow the book from another library!
To request an interlibrary loan, bring the title and author to the Information Desk or telephone the library at (250) 770-7781 ext 4502.
To request a bookclub set that is not in our collection and not published in the last year, you may call us or fill out the webform.
What can I get?
- Books published more than a year ago (we will consider purchasing newer items)
- Photocopies of magazine and newspaper articles
- Microfilm/fiche of genealogical materials
- DAISY CD's for the visually impaired (patrons must have a CNIB number)
- Bookclub sets published more than a year ago.
What can't I get?
- Books published in current or preceding year. Want something new? You can do a "materials suggestion" when you log-in to your account!
Are there items which are harder to get?
There are, this is because some libraries will lend out these items, and others will not.
- DVDs and CDs
What is the cost?
- There is no cost to borrow materials from most libraries. Some academic libraries may charge a fee for specialized items.
How long does it take?
- It varies. If the book is owned by a library in the Kootenays and is on the shelf, it may take only a few days. Books from larger regional systems may take two to three weeks.
- We will tell you when the book is here, or if we are not able to get it.
How long can I keep it?
- Books may be kept for three weeks. You will be given a due date slip.
Can it be renewed?
- We contact the lending library to ask for a renewal. Most BC public libraries allow one renewal.
How man Interlibary Loans can I have?
- You may have three interlibrary loans at one time.